Randy Moss Steps Away from NFL Countdown for Health Reasons

By Miguel Mike Medina

Photo: Steven Ryan / Getty Images file

Former football player and Hall of Famer Randy Moss is stepping away temporarily from his role as an analyst onESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown to focus on his health. 

Moss has been an analyst on “Sunday NFL Countdown” since 2016 and is the longest-tenured panelist on the show.

The company made a statement about Moss taking time off to focus on his health.

“Pro Football Hall of Famer Randy Moss will step away from Sunday NFL Countdown for an extended time to focus on a personal health challenge,” ESPN said in a statement. “He briefly addressed the matter at the start of the show on Dec. 1. For nearly a decade, Randy has been an invaluable team member, consistently elevating Countdown with his insight and passion. He has ESPN’s full support, and we look forward to welcoming him back when he is ready.”

Moss, 47, revealed last week that he was battling an illness as he addressed why he was wearing glasses. 

“I just wanted to let the viewers know that my wife, family, and I are battling something internally,” Moss said. “I have some great doctors around me. I couldn’t miss the show. I wanted to be here with you guys.”

Moss is one of the greatest wide receivers ever. He was fast, athletic, explosive, and flashy. Some of his best years came with the Minnesota Vikings and his first season with the New England Patriots. He made the game fun.

Miguel Mike Medina is the publisher of The MMM Journal. He can be reached at medinamiguelmike@gmail.com

X: @mmm_sportnfilms, Instagram: @miguel_passionforsports, TikTok: @miguelmikemedina

Leave a Reply

Discover more from The MMM Journal

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading